Monday 23 September 2013

I'm here!

I've just finished unpacking my things and I'm beginning to settle down at last! My room is really quite nice now it has some Mir in it. The bed was really comfy last night (probably made more so by the walking around Southampton we did last night). Here's a picture of my room:
Not sure if you noticed the duct-taped shelves, but the original shelves I was given were tiny and practically useless, so Dad went to B&Q, bought a plank of wood and a saw, and chopped up two shelves in the car park, and now I have a lot more space! My room is shorter than some of the others in my flat, but I don't really mind because I'm not going to be here 24/7.

There are six of us in our flat; two marine biologists, a film studier, and accountant, and two other courses that I haven't found out yet. We played a couple of rounds of different card games, and discovering that whiteboard pen is semi-permanent on the fridge, we used one of the whiteboards that I brought to university. There's now a doodle of a can of Heinz baked beans in one corner of the fridge door, and the faint remains of our door code, because none of us could remember it.

I still haven't managed to sort out WiFi yet as the router still thinks it's supposed to be in Hanwell, so for now I can only have internet on my laptop via a cable, until I can sort it out. But it's not really a problem at the moment because I don't really need it during freshers week.

Yesterday, I found it really weird that I didn't have to worry about putting the chocolate brownies I had made on the kitchen side, because there's no longer a dog to steal them! (Or a cat- Marmite likes jumping up on to the counter at home and stealing food) I am looking forward to the Christmas holidays already (joking, I quite like it here. But I suppose I am looking forward to having a double bed again).

Also, here are some more photos from the waterproof camera I took the other day:










No comments:

Post a Comment